Thursday, January 20, 2005

Wheels Keep On Turnin'

Brian and I had one of our deep (ok, shallow) conversations in the car today. I was explaining to him that grandma and papa were my mommy and daddy. Then I told him when he grew up, got married and had a baby, then I would be the grandma.

Silence from the backseat... (those little wheels were a turnin').

Then he pipes up (rather excitedly, I might add), "So then grandma will turn into my mommy?" Ok, guess it wasn't all that clear in his little head.

We were travelling to the hairdresser so the boys could get haircuts. Lance wasn't particularly in the mood to get a haircut today. (He figures, "I haven't had it cut in 7 weeks.. everybody already saw my shaggy head.. who cares?") He reluctantly got into the chair, and let Sara trim up the back of his head. Then he announces to the whole room, "I DID IT!" and starts to eject himself from the chair (as if his announcing it was enough to convince us all that half a haircut was okay). We gave him a sucker as a bribe to sit back down (soon to become "hairy sucker"), and then got the job done.

We ventured on to McDonald's, where Lance had a healthy lunch of french fries. Brian, I'm happy to report, ate 2 1/2 chicken nuggets with his french fries. Then Lance proceeded to completely lay down on the floor of McDonald's, AS IF it were clean enough for a body to nap upon, and AS IF he would take a nap anyway. (Just for the record, I'm not lovin' it, and I do deserve a break today.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home