Thursday, January 27, 2005

Early Bird

Thursday, January 27th:
5:25 am: Hear Lance chattering in bed. Ignore him.
5:30 am: Hear Lance crying in bed. Try to ignore him.
5:35 am: Retrieve crying Lance from bed, along with (at his request) - his "blanks" (blankets), teby bear, and pee-low.
5:45 am: Insert Dora DVD for Lance. Sneak back to bed.
5:47 am: I hear him breathing. I feign sleep. He doesn't leave. I open one eye. Lance is 2 centimeters from my face, waiting in anticipation with a big grin. When he sees me looking at him, he squeals in delight. "Hi Guy!" he yells.
5:49 am: I decide to try sleeping on the couch while he watches Dora. Cover self with blanket.
5:59 am: Lance pulls the blanket back from my face and yells, "PEE - A - BOO!" I keep eyes closed and silently will him to go away. He begins beating my head with the book "Hop on Pop" while hollering "Pop! Pop!"
6:00 am: I read "Hop on Pop" cover to cover with my eyes closed. Then I hide the book in the cushions as he returns to Dora.
6:15 am: Am now being pounded over the head with a sippy cup. "Mik! Mik!" (Milk)
6:17 am: Give up trying to sleep. Optimistically consider all I can get done due to early rising.

11:45 am: Still not showered. Pessimistically consider all that must be done before husband gets home.
11:47 am: Kicked off 'puter by Brian as Lance approaches with book called "No Biting." (The book is filled with alternatives to bad behavior. ["No Biting Your Friends. What can you bite? Apples."] My personal review: Lance is now loaded with new ideas of bad ways to behave. He throws the book at me.)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home