Lance's World
Lance had his little friend over today - a girl the same age as himself, an only child. Her mom & I were discussing the skills of our little ones (as first-time parents like to do. Me, a second-timer, is just happy if he doesn't laugh out loud and announce "TOOT!" after he passes gas.) We were pointing out the differences in boys and girls, and she was proudly mentioning how well the little girl was talking, but that she wasn't near to the point that Lance is with his motor skills. I tried to make her feel better by agreeing that Lance really was not doing much talking yet, and pointing out how each child is different. As we continued pushing our little ones side by side on their swings, Lance begins reciting the alphabet. He didn't miss a beat, from A to Z. She looked at me horrified, and asked, "He knows the alphabet??" Well, yes, I admitted. But he does have a big brother, I reminded her. Then he proceeded to count to 12. She says, "My daughter can't even count to 3!"
Don't ever tell me the kiddos aren't listening.. little show-off.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home