Brian's World
Thought the boys and I would work on our baseball skills today. I was tossing the ball to Brian, and he was hitting it about half the time.... or less. As I was preparing my next throw, he dropped the bat and ran off to something else. I called to him, "Brian, don't you want to play some more?" He told me, "No, I'm not very good at tennis."
There's our problem.
Later, I heard him say, "No, dammit!" I went in and discussed how that is not a word we use in this house. ("We" meaning "he".) He informed me that on his Bob the Builder movie, they say "No, dammit." Skeptical of this explanation, we pop in the movie and I tell him to alert me when they are about to say the phrase in question. The moment comes - an airplane lands at the airport, and luggage falls out of the undercarriage. A character in the movie shouts, "No damage!"
Brian's translation: "No, dammit!"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home